Sunday, August 23, 2015

How to Stay Focused in Class

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Seems like 5 minutes into the lecture my mind starts wondering. Last semester it was really bad. I couldn't hardly focus and when it came to studying for the tests I had no idea about any of the material. I had to work extra hard for not paying attention!

I decided starting this year I was going to change that. So here are a few tips! 

1.) PUT THE ELECTRONICS AWAY
Personally that was my number 1 mistake I made. I would get my laptop out and tell myself I was taking notes, but I would end up being on Pinterest, Facebook, my email and etc. This had to stop! Starting this semester I have my laptop and phone put away in my backpack so the temptation isn't as hard. I find that I'm listening and retaining the information better.

2.) GET A SPIRAL NOTEBOOK
I know a lot of people do take notes on their laptop because it's quicker, but I find when you are actually writing it down you will most likely remember it more versus typing it.

3.) GET SOME COLORED PENS
I love colored pens. Somehow it keeps my interest more in the topic if I have a colored pen rather than a plain black one. I also like to switch colors through note taking especially if we are switching from one topic to another. It also helps separate so you can easily find it later when studying! 

4.) INTERACT/ASK QUESTIONS
When the professor asks questions during the lecture try to answer or even ask him/her questions you have. 

5.) GET SLEEP
This is probably the most important tip. Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night so you can come alert to class. If you don't none of the other tips will help! 

I hope these tips are helpful! What are some ways you stay focused in class?

xo, 
Lettie Lane




No comments :

Post a Comment