Thursday, July 21, 2016

My New Love~ Calligraphy

Ok, has anyone else seen the most beautiful hand writings over the Instagram world or even Pinterest and wish you could write like that? I thought the same thing then I decided I was going to do it. So, I have some tips I'm going to give you that I did when I first started learning.

1.) Look at blogs that interest is calligraphy or brush lettering. Some of my favorites are:

  • Pieces Calligraphy~ She focuses a lot on brush lettering. She has a lot of great tips on different ways to learn it and what supplies are the best!
  • Dawn Nicole Designs~ She has pratice worksheets you can print out for FREE! I would save it to my computer and print out when I wanted to practice.
  • Amanda Arneill~ She has online courses that would be very helpful if you want to learn as much as you can!
  • The Postmans Knock~ She focuses more on what kind of nibs, pen holders and ink to get as a beginner. She also goes in detail of each item. 
  • Lyssa Arts~ She gives tips on how to do thin strokes and thick down strokes and how to perfect them. She has a lot of great different tips that you don't want to miss out on!
2.) Follow some Instagram Accounts. I love seeing the daily artwork being put up by some of my favorites. Some even put videos which are more fun since you get to see the progress of making it.


3.) PRACTICE, PRACTICE
I printed out worksheets and did them over and over till I got comfortable and then moved on to writing words and phrases.

4.) Order you a calligraphy/hand letterng kit. I got mine from Wildflower Art Studio. It came with pens, chalk, chalkboard, pencil, eraser, and practice pages and some cardstock and some other goodies! For the price it was so worth it! Go check it out!

5.) Last and not least, I never stop practicing. Every night {almost} I write a phrase or word. I will practice some letters I'm not that comfortable with. I do whatever can to make progress.

Here are some of my favorites I have done:




What are some tips you used to learn calligraphy?
Have a great week!
xo,
Lettie Lane


No comments :

Post a Comment