Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A New Season

I'm going to be completely honest, but this post took me awhile to write. I kept coming back to it, but I had to really think about it and pray. In this season of life I've gotten to where my glass is dry and hanging on by a thread. At this point I did the only thing I knew what to do, turn to God. There is a saying, "If God is all you have, you have all you need."



I have to remind myself that no matter the circumstance I'm in I need to find joy in it. Easier said then done right? I mean who else finds it really difficult to do that when things just aren't great. I have to remind myself of this verse:
Philippians 4:11-12
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstance. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

As I reflect on that verse I have to remember that God has hand on everything. Even before I wake up he knows exactly what is going to happen. I can try with all my heart to plan out my life, but in the end it's going to go exactly the way he planned.
Proverbs 16:9
"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." 



There are different seasons we all go through. Some are great and some are tough, but through them all there is growth. All and all I can handle anything that is thrown at me as long as I do it with God.
Isaiah 43:2 " When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." 

I hope this was an encouragement to you if you are also going through a tough season. Don't give up keep on running the race towards God. In the end everything will work out the way it's supposed to.
"Life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey. Learn to enjoy the journey."

xo,
Lettie Lane







2 comments :

  1. You're absolutely right. Sometimes life throws a curveball and we wonder how it is possible to trek on. Hang in there, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true, life definitely can keep us on our toes! Thanks Evelina!

      Delete